Guidelines for Entry (HTML)
- Online entry is strongly recommended since you will receive an immediate confirmation, and credit card payment is accepted.
- Completion of both online entry and the credit card payment will be discounted by 5% of the total amount.
Please click here for any comments or questions.
For the schedule and other detailed information, please refer here.
Qualification for entry
- Only wines made exclusively from grapes are eligible for entry.
- Non-alcohol wine, fruit wine or aromatized wine are not accepted. The use of extracts other than grapes (fruit, coffee, etc.) is also excluded.
- Wine producers, exporter, importers, distributors and wine dealers are eligible to enter.
Categories for entry
- Still Red Wine
- Still White Wine
- Still Rosé Wine
- Sparkling and Semi Sparkling Wine
- Sweet Wine
- Fortified Wine
- Orange Wine
Criteria for Entry
- Annual production volume must be at least 1,000 bottles (750㎖). However, for the Sweet Wine and Fortified Wine categories, the annu-al production volume must be at least 500 bottles (750㎖).
- The bottle size of the sample must be less than 2,000㎖.
- Sample wine must be contained in a glass bottle. Canned wine or bag in box(BIB) are not acceptable.
- Make sure to register the required information for the judging.
- A photo of the sample bottle will be used when the award is announced.
- We prioritize the wine information such as vintage on the labels of samples.
Number of entry and sample bottles
- There is no limit number of items for entry.
- Required number of samples for each item is 2 bottles.
- Entry Fee
Number of items Entry Fee (tax not included) 1 to 10 items 20,000 yen per item
(approx. €160, US$190)
11 or more
*Volume discount will be applied for the entry of 11 or more items and 10% off.
18,000JPY each item
- Entry fee needs to be paid either by credit card or bank transfer.
- Early Bird Discount
If the payment is made by credit card by the due date, before 12:00 AM(Japan Time) on October 31st, 2022, 5% discount can be applied to the total amount.
- Applicants must bear all the bank charges for the remittance.
- The entry fee is non-refundable in any case.
- After we confirm the payment, it will be considered as completion of registration.
- The payment deadline is in two weeks from the date of entry. And The final date of payment will be on November 30th, 2022.
- If it is impossible to hold and operate the tasting assessment due to the natural disasters such as earthquake and unexpected disaster, the entry fee will not be refunded.
- Please note that the additional entries cannot be combined with existing applications as a volume discount.
Registration of company and wine information, and its period
- Please register by filling out the default form with your company information and wine information.
- The registration period is from October 3rd, 10:00 AM(Japan Time) to November 30th, 2022, 12:00 AM.
Sample delivery deadlines and the methods
- Please deliver the samples to the designated address by the deadline, by December 10th, 2022.
- The delivery address is informed on our website.
- Download the outer carton sheet with QR code and wine number from MyPage and attach to the outer box.
- All the cost for shipping including insurance, customs clearance, duty & tax etc. must be borne by the applicants.
- When shipping, please clearly write "Samples No Commercial Value" on the enclosed invoice and box.
- “SAKURA” Japan Womenʼs Wine Awards Office is not responsible for any damage of the samples during the shipment.
- If samples arrive after the deadline, they may not be included in the competition. Samples which are not in time for the competition will not be returned. Also, there will be no refund of the entry fee.
- The wines will be judged by blind tasting.
- The full score is 100 points. The wines marked from 93 to 100 points are awarded Double Gold, from 88 to less than 93 points are Gold and from 85 to less than 88 points are Silver.
- Diamond Trophy wines will be selected from Double Gold wines.
- Special awards will be selected from Double Gold and Gold wines.
February, 2023 on SAKURA AWARDS Official Website
- The diploma by digital will be conferred to all winners of Diamond Trophy, Doble Gold, Gold, Silber and Special awards.
- Trophy will be conferred to the winners of Diamond Trophy and Grand Prix of Special Awards.
- Award-winning companies are privileged to receive the digital Medal logo for free of charge via MyPage by submitting the agreement form of the condition of use.
- The Medal logo is to be used only for the awarded wines with the relevant vintage. Non-vintage wines may be used only for the same lot.
- Purchase of the printed medal stickers is available.
Confidentiality obligations for entry wines
- Information on the entered wines shall not be disclosed prior to judging.
- Non-winning wines shall not be disclosed.
- The scores of judging shall not be disclosed.
- Non awarded wines will be discarded after the results announcement.
- If there is any doubt about the entry wine, the secretariat will review and resolve the issue.
- Information obtained through the entry process shall not be used for any purpose other than those related to this judging event.
If there are any changes to the application rules, it will be announced on the website.
“SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards Office
Akasaka Office Heights 4-13-5 Akasaka,
Minato-ku Tokyo 107-0052 Japan
TEL: 81-3-6229-1727 FAX: 81-3-5570-4341