This is a newsletter from “SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards Office.
Entry period is from October 1st to November 30th 2021!
YES, we will hold the 9th Sakura Award Judging Committee on February 8th and 15th, 2022.
As a result of the 8th SAKURA AWARDS 2021, the total entry of 4,562 wines were received from 32 countries.
This unique competition, evaluating wines from a female perspective has garnered interest globally and has set a new precedent for wine competitions.
Please visit our revised website for next SAKURA AWARDS.
Our official supporters, Embassy, Growers Association and others.
Our 130 sales supporters, Wholesalers, Department stores, Supermarkets, wine shops, online shops and others.
Wine consumption at home has been increasing in Japan
Despite the threat of coronavirus, the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics were successfully completed.It is still a difficult situation for wine industry all over the world.
The Japanese wine market has changed drastically since the coronavirus restricted the service of alcohol, including wine at restaurants.
Even so, there are some good news for the wine market in Japan. The demand for wine at home has grown and the price of home consumption has become higher.
According to the results of the recent survey by the alcohol trade newspaper for wine retailers, home consumption of wine has increased.
- Increased customer base: new comer for wine drinking and women
- Increasing sales price range: 2,000~3,000 yen (about 18 to 27US$)
- Increasing categories: white wine, sparkling wine, bio wine
This trend will continue in the future, and the Sakura Award's medal sticker of approval has become a guideline for customers to choose wines.
Schedule of the 9th "SAKURA" Japan Women's Wine Awards 2022
- Entry period: October 1st(Fri), 2021 - November 30th (Tue), 2021
- Sample Delivery: October 1st(Fri), 2021 - January 20th(Thu), 2022
- Judgement: February 8th(Tue) and 15th(Tue), 2022
- Announcement of Double Gold, Gold, Silver and Special Awards: March 8th(Tue), 2022 <International Women’s Day>
- Announcement of Diamond Trophies and Special Awards Grand Prix: March 18th(Fri),2022
*The announcements will be made on our website: www.sakuraaward.com
- Awards Ceremony: May 2022(scheduled)
Volume Discount and Early Bird Discount
*Volume discount is applied for more than 11 items and it will be 10% discount.
|Number of items||Entry Fee|
|1 to 10 items||20,000 JPY each item|
|11 or more
*Volume discount is applied for 11 or more and 10% off.
|18,000JPY each item|
◆Early bird discount
*The early bird discount is only available if the payment is made by credit card by the due date, October 31, 2021 (24:00 Japan time).
*5% discount can be applied to the total amount.
*Early bird discount can be combined with a volume discount.
About “SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards
Please check out our renewed website for the 9th “SAKURA” Japan Women's Wine Awards.
If you have any inquiry, please feel free to contact us
Schedule for the 10th Sakura Award has been fixed.
- [ Period of entry ]
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 - November 30th (Wed), 2022
*the deadline for Early Bird Discount : October 31th(Mon), 2022
- [ Period of the delivery ] *It has changed
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 – December 10th(Sat), 2022.
- [ Tasting session ]
- ◆January 25th (wed), 2023 at Hotel Nikko Osaka
◆January 31th (tue), 2023 at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
- [ Winners' Announcement ] View the Sakura Award website
·Double Gold, Gold and Silver
·Diamond Trophy, Grand Prix of Special Awards
- February, 2023
- [ Award ceremony ]
- April, 2023