This is a newsletter from “SAKURA” Japan Women's Wine Awards Office.
- Message from Yumi Tanabe, President of SAKURA AWARDS
- Initiatives for Bio Wine
- We have received many SAKURA AWARDS Promotion Activities reports from our judges called “Blooming Activity” and Sales supporters called “Blooming Reports”
- New donation to the ASEV Japan
- How unique SAKURA AWARDS
Entry period: Thursday, October 1 - Monday, November 30
Don’t miss the dead line!
Message from Yumi Tanabe, President of SAKURA AWARDS
■We have kept the concept We decided on first.
The three missions of SAKURA AWARDS have been never changed since the first edition in 2014.
- To increase wine consumption in Japan
- To select wines to go with Japanese cuisine
- To Expand opportunities for women in wine industry
In Japan, women often play a leading role in wine selection. That is why we believe wine judged and selected by female experts will lead to consumers’ trust and satisfaction. So, the one of the primary purposes is to provide consumers to select the best pairing wines with Japanese cuisine. The award-winning wines are available for consumers at supermarkets, wine shops and on-line sales.
The 134 of Sales supporters and 70 Support restaurants are a major driving force in expanding sales of the award-winning wines.
■The judges of the SAKURA AWARDS.
The 560 judges have attended from all over Japan and the half of them were from outside of Tokyo metropolitan area. After judgment, they have actively involved in promoting the award-winning wines as the Ambassadors of SAKURA AWARDS. We are convinced that the SAKURA AWARDS are contributing to the expansion of wine consumption not only the Tokyo metropolitan area.
Initiatives for Bio Wine
We will publish the information of award-wining Bio Wine (as the organic, sustainable, biodynamic, etc.) on our website.
After the awarded wines will be selected, we will reconfirm the information and publish them. Please follow the rule below.
- Wines already imported in Japan, we will ask and confirm to the importers and follow their information.
- If wine is not imported yet or open marketed, it will be listed based on the entry information.
- If the wine is produced or bottled in Japan, we will publish the information from the producer in accordance with Japanese government guidelines.
We have received many SAKURA AWARDS Promotion Activities reports from our judges called “Blooming Activity” and Sales supporters called “Blooming Reports”
■The judges have promoted the winning wines and reported us on our website called "Blooming Activities".
There are "Autumn SAKURA AWARDS Winning Wine Fairs" at the store and restaurants on various areas in Japan.
★We are sharing the activities on Facebook, also.
New donation to the ASEV Japan
The SAKURA AWARDS is engaged in social contribution activities through charity events. We donated 2,177,533 yen to All Japan Food Association on June. They deliver food for medical professionals who treat new coronavirus infectious diseases.
■Donation to: The American Society for Enology and Viticulture Japanese chapter (ASEV Japan)
Amount of donation: 300,000 yen, charity sales of award-winning unimported wines.
The American Society for Enology and Viticulture (ASEV) is an organization dedicated to the study of grapes and wine. ASEV is one of the world's largest society in this field and aims to advance research and technology in viticulture and winemaking, and related fields. The Japanese chapter was founded in 1984.
We will continue to be involved in various charity events and social contribution activities.
How unique “SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards is!
Please check out our renewed website for the 8th “SAKURA” Japan Women's Wine Awards.
■Official book has been published that contains all the results of the award in 2020.
This official book is also available as a digital catalog version.
Official Book 2020 (digital catalog)
■Official PV is available.
If you have any inquiry, please feel free to contact us
Schedule for the 10th Sakura Award has been fixed.
- [ Period of entry ]
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 - November 30th (Wed), 2022
*the deadline for Early Bird Discount : October 31th(Mon), 2022
- [ Period of the delivery ] *It has changed
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 – December 10th(Sat), 2022.
- [ Tasting session ]
- ◆January 25th (wed), 2023 at Hotel Nikko Osaka
◆January 31th (tue), 2023 at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
- [ Winners' Announcement ] View the Sakura Award website
·Double Gold, Gold and Silver
·Diamond Trophy, Grand Prix of Special Awards
- February, 2023
- [ Award ceremony ]
- April, 2023