This is a newsletter from “SAKURA” Japan Women's Wine Awards Office.
The Entry is starting tomorrow, Thursday October 1st
Top page of our website has been revised for new entry.
The entry process is easier than before, only 4 steps. You can use the previous ID and Password to be Login to the company information.
We will inform more detail to companies submitted last year individually. The entry period is tomorrow to end of November.
We believe this competition will introduce and expand high quality wines to the Japanese market.
Judgement system to avoid denseness against COVID-19
≪Effort to hold a safe judgement session to keep a distance and avoid denseness≫
- The judgement has been held only in Tokyo, and we will hold it at two cities in Tokyo and Osaka.
- In order to maintain the fairness and quality of the judging standards, Yumi Tanabe, president, will select the applicants based on their past participation in the judging sessions and their careers in the industry.
＜NEW＞ Focusing on Bio Wine as providing new information for wine selection.
We will announce Awarded Bio Wine (Organic farming, Biodynamic, Sustainable and so on ) on our Home Page. We will reconfirm the information submitted at the entry and publish them. The procedure is as follows
*If the wine has been already in Japanese market, we will confirm to the importers.
*If the wine is not yet sold in Japan or the open market wines, it will be listed based on the entry information.
The schedule of the 8th "SAKURA" Japan Women's Wine Awards 2021
- Entry period: October 1st(Tue), 2020 - November 30th (Mon), 2020
- Sample Delivery : October 1st(Tue), 2020 - January 20th(Wed), 2021
- Judgement: Two days of February 8th (Mon.) through 16th (Tue.) 2021
- Venue: Tokyo and Osaka
- Announcement of Double Gold, Gold, Silver Awards on our website:March 8th(Mon), 2021 <International Women’s Day>
- Announcement of Diamond Trophies and Special Awards Grand Prix: March 20th(Sat),2021
- Volume Discount
Number of items Entry Fee (tax not included) 1 to 10 items 20,000 yen per item (approx. €160, US$190) 11 or more
*Volume discount is applied for 11 or more and 10% off.
18,000 yen per item
- Early bird discount
*The early bird discount is only available for credit card payments and before October 31, 2020 (24:00 Japan time).
*5% off the total payment
*Early bird discout can be combined with a volume discount.
How unique “SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards is!
Please check out our renewed website for the 8th “SAKURA” Japan Women's Wine Awards.
●Official book has been published that contains all the results of the award in 2020.
This official book is also available as a digital catalog version.
Official Book 2020 (digital catalog)
●Official PV is available.
If you have any inquiry, please feel free to contact us
Schedule for the 10th Sakura Award has been fixed.
- [ Period of entry ]
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 - November 30th (Wed), 2022
*the deadline for Early Bird Discount : October 31th(Mon), 2022
- [ Period of the delivery ] *It has changed
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 – December 10th(Sat), 2022.
- [ Tasting session ]
- ◆January 25th (wed), 2023 at Hotel Nikko Osaka
◆January 31th (tue), 2023 at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
- [ Winners' Announcement ] View the Sakura Award website
·Double Gold, Gold and Silver
·Diamond Trophy, Grand Prix of Special Awards
- February, 2023
- [ Award ceremony ]
- April, 2023