This is a newsletter from “SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards Office.
On International Women's Day, the 8th Sakura Award 2021 will be announced at noon today!
Thank you very much for your continued support for the 8th Japan Women's Wine Awards (commonly known as Sakura Awards).
The awards result will be finally announced on its official website today at noon. We received a record number of 4562 entries from 32 countries. The total number of award-winning items of this year is 2231. Today, we would like to announce the Double Gold Awards (275), Gold Awards (1074), Silver Awards (882) and each Special Award. The Diamond Trophy and the Special Grand Prix will be announced on Saturday, March 20.
The judging sessions were divided into two venues at Tokyo (February 8) and Osaka (February 16), to avoid long-distance travel for the 186 judges. We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to all the judges and service staff who participated.
New! Search system to find award-winning wines.
New! Bio and Sustainable will be founded on the search system
Japanese wine market on 2020 with COVID-19.
<<NEW! New! Search system to find award-winning wines. >>
As a major initiative this year, we have introduced the "Award Winning Wine Search System" on our official website, allowing you to search easily wines you prefer. Please check it out.
<<NEW! Bio and Sustainable Wine Display>>
We have made a new attempt to incorporate indications such as "BIO" and "Sustainable" in the detailed information of the award-winning wines, based on the application at the time of entry. Bio wines is increasing in the Japanese market. This year, 21% of Sakura Award winning wines were in this category.
<< Japanese wine market on 2020 with COVID-19.>>
- BIO/Sustainable: Japanese consumer has spurred health-consciousness because of COVID-19, and the sales volume of Chilean organic wine has increased.
- Bordeaux and Bourgogne was highly appreciated in Japanese market and $10.00 to $20.00 yen wines produced in this region are selling well.
- The decline in import volume of sparkling wine was more pronounced, because the most of high price of sparkling wine were consumed at on-premise market.
- Total imported wine by Volume is 21,2274,530ℓ, inclosing Big sized package more than 2ℓ.
Upcoming Award Announcement
【The announcement of Medals】
（Double Gold, Gold and Silver Awards)
On International Women's Day(Monday, Mar.8th, 2021) on the official website of SAKURA AWARDS.
2021 Announcement of Results
【Announcement of Diamond Trophy, Grand Prix of special awards】
On Friday, Mar.19th, 2021: on the official website of SAKURA AWARDS.
If you have any inquiry, please feel free to contact us
Schedule for the 10th Sakura Award has been fixed.
- [ Period of entry ]
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 - November 30th (Wed), 2022
*the deadline for Early Bird Discount : October 31th(Mon), 2022
- [ Period of the delivery ] *It has changed
- October 3rd (Mon), 2022 – December 10th(Sat), 2022.
- [ Tasting session ]
- ◆January 25th (wed), 2023 at Hotel Nikko Osaka
◆January 31th (tue), 2023 at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
- [ Winners' Announcement ] View the Sakura Award website
·Double Gold, Gold and Silver
·Diamond Trophy, Grand Prix of Special Awards
- February, 2023
- [ Award ceremony ]
- April, 2023